Map (12 June 1917); Special orders and communiques (13 November 1915-29 April 1916); Typescript vehicle list (31 January 1919); Illustrated extract from The Graphic (9 June 1917); Pamphlet "Reuter's Telegrams" (4 November 1918); Race card for Basra races (10 November 1917); Group photograph (nd); Demobilization certificate (7 August 1919); Illustrated booklet "With Pen and Ink in Iraq" by Harold Finlinson (1918); 2 booklets "A Soldiers' Guide to Bangalore" and "The Land of the Two Rivers" (1917-1918); Telegraph (22 April 1917); Sports programme (27 December 1918); Photograph album, with captions (1917-1919); Diary, with additional notes (13 April 1915-9 July 1919); Badge and identification tags (nd).
John Grimshaw papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection MES 040
- Dates of Creation1915-1919
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box; manuscript, typescript, photographs, and printed material; Includes a map, a race card, a telegraph, a badge, and identification tags.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
John Grimshaw, born in 1895, was a Lance Corporal, ASC (Army Service Corps), serving in Mesopotamia.
Access is unrestricted.
Other Finding Aids
Mesopotamia catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available