- Laboratory course for Medical Dental and Veterinary students, c mid 20th century;
- Practical Chemistry Instruction Sheets: A First Year Course for Medical and Dental Students by D T Gibson and R I Reed, c mid 20th century;
- Typed notes on Chemistry written by D T Gibson, c mid 20th century;
- Instruction sheets for Medical and Dental Students in Practical Chemistry: A Final Year course by D T Gibson and R I Reed, 1954;
- Chemistry Laboratory Manual for Medical Dental and Veterinary Students by D T Gibson and John Robertson, 1959;
- Notes on Chemistry for Medical Dental and Veterinary Students by D T Gibson, 1960;
- Notes on the structure of the Chemistry course for Medical Dental and Veterinary students, 1950-1967;
- Universuty of Edinburgh First Year Chemistry Laboratory Instruction Book , 1967-1968.
Papers of David Templeton Gibson, DSc 1932, chemist and Lecturer in Chemistry, University of Glasgow, Scotland
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 DC 421
- Dates of Creationc mid 20th century -1968
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description0.15 metres
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
David Templeton Gibson was born in 1899 . He studied at Belfast and gained his MSc. In 1924 he went to the University of Glasgow as a part-time demonstrator and assistant in Chemistry. In 1927 he was appointed a lecturer and in 1930 became a Carnegie Teaching Fellow. He was awarded a DSc in 1932 from Glasgow University for a thesis entitled Polysulphonyl Methanes . He became senior lecturer in Chemistry, responsible for medical students. It is from this period in his career that the material in this collection comes. David Templeton Gibson retired in 1965 and lived in Edinburgh where he died in the late 1980s.
The arrangement of this material reflects the original order in which it was received
Conditions Governing Access
Dr D T Gibson : 1982
Other Finding Aids
No other finding aids
Alternative Form Available
No known copies
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
None which affect the use of this material
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Archivist.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents
This material has been appraised in line with standard GB 0248 procedures
Received directly from creator
Location of Originals
This material is original
No known publications using this material
Description compiled in line with the following international standards: International Council on Archives,ISAD(G) Second Edition, September 1999 and National Council on Archives,Rules for the construction of personal, place and corporate names
Scotland is the location of all place names in the administrative/biographical history element, unless otherwise stated.
Fonds level compiled by Hannah Westall, Archives Assistant, 15 May 2000, and converted to Encoded Archival Description by Andrew Thomson, Hub Project Archivist, 12 March 2004. Lower level descriptions compiled by members of Glasgow University Archive Services. Catalogue edited by Emma Anthony, Business Archives Cataloguer, 19 July 2012.