Labelled "Sundries 1943-1947". Contains cuttings principally from British publications relating to: the marketing of British films in the USA; RD's purchase of the lease of the Westminster Theatre in 1943; British film and theatre; RD's productions of It Depends What You Mean and An Ideal Husband (1944); Goodbye Mr. Chips; The Private Life of Henry VIII; The Citadel; The Young Mr. Pitt; The 39 Steps; European theatre; RD's broadcasts; a reported venture by RD and Ralph Richardson involving toy theatres (1945); the British Film Festival of 1946; the sale of the Westminster in 1946; the Shakespeare Festival at Southwark in 1946; and RD's divorce from his first wife Ella.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 FRD1/6/3/38
- Dates of Creation23 Apr 1942-2 Dec 1946
- Physical DescriptionHardback volume.