Correspondence and scripts relating to the radio programme Lucky Dip. RD appeared on the programme on 4 November 1948 selecting a series of songs and extracts from longer musical pieces and commenting on his choices. Includes: correspondence between RD's secretary and Anna Instone of the BBC relating to arrangements for the programme; RD's annotated draft version of the script and two later versions; and two letters from listeners who took offence at a reference to Newcastle made by RD in the programme.
Bundle of papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 FRD1/2/2/21
- Dates of Creation29 Oct-6 Nov 1948
- Physical Description9 pieces; 19 sheets.