With Ben Lyon (1901-1979), American actor and film executive, working for Twentieth Century-Fox Productions in London. Topics covered include: Theodore Bonnet's novel The Mudlark, which is being made into a film, and RD's refusal of the part of Disraeli in 1950; RD's comments on the early script of film No Highway in May 1950, which he finds disappointing; the possibility of RD taking a part in The Desert Fox in January 1951; and the Bruce Belfrage fund, for which Lyon seeks a donation. /17 is a letter from Belfrage (dated 27 January 1957) thanking RD for his contribution to the fund which has helped him get back on his own feet again.
Bundle of correspondence
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 FRD1/1/276
- Former ReferenceGB 133 RDL144-156.
- Dates of Creation16 Jan 1950-27 Jan 1957
- Physical Description17 pieces.