Bundle of miscellaneous material, presumably stored together by RD, although /1 (a photocopy) was probably added after his death. Includes miscellaneous publicity material, RD's unemployment book from 1926, and an early programme for a recital given by RD at the age of 16. The papers are as follows:
- /1 Photocopy of an agreement between Meadway Productions Ltd, RD, London Film Productions Ltd, and Alexander Korda, relating to a planned film based on James Hilton's novel, Knight Without Armour (original dated 14 Oct 1936).
- /2 Publicity poster on card for RD's production of An Ideal Husband at the Westminster Theatre [1943/4] (21 x 31 cm).
- /3 Spanish film magazine devoted to Goodbye, Mr. Chips, including black and white photographs of scenes from the film.
- /4 Printed pamphlet for the Theatre Royal Bristol Preservation Fund Appeal, with a press cutting relating to the appeal (1942).
- /5-6 Two mounted black and white photographs of an unidentified young girl; taken by Schmidt of Manchester.
- /7 Letter to RD from D.G. Bridson of the BBC, informing him of a forthcoming playback of The Christmas Child (12 Jan 1949).
- /8 RD's unemployment book containing stamps for a 5-week period of unemployment in Jul-Aug 1926. RD's address is given as 20 St Pauls Road, Withington, Manchester.
- /9 Programme for a concert given by Manchester Central High School for Boys at the College of Technology on 30 April 1921. RD is listed as giving a dramatic recitation and taking one of three roles in a 'Trio'.
- /10 Sheet of blank headed notepaper bearing the logo of Robert Donat Productions Ltd.