Entitled "Friese-Greene" and containing cuttings relating to the film which ultimately became The Magic Box, the film industry's contribution to the Festival of Britain. Topics covered include: initial plans for a film based on the life of William Friese-Greene, the inventor of cinematography; speculation about who should take the title role and its award to RD in October 1950; casting; and progress with filming, including a visit to the studios by the Queen and Princess Margaret to watch filming.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 FRD1/6/3/23
- Dates of Creation1 Jul 1950-30 Apr 1951
- Physical DescriptionHardback volume.