With Herbert Farjeon (1887-1945), critic, dramatist and librettist (brother of Eleanor). Topics covered include: James Bridie's play Launcelot, on which he comments at RD's request in 1940 (/1); the possibility of Farjeon working with RD to produce the play; RD's initial request (on 19 August 1943) that Farjeon and his sister would consider "writing The First Real Children's Pantomime", and Farjeon's suggestion of Cinderella as a possibility; RD's other plans for the 1943 Westminster Theatre season; progress with plans, rehearsals and casting for The Glass Slipper in autumn 1943; RD's ill health which meant he missed the end of the play's run in January 1945; Farjeon's suggestions for improvements in the play for a 1946/7 revival.
Bundle of correspondence
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 FRD1/1/147
- Former ReferenceGB 133 RDF16; RDF42-51. Manuscript and typescript.
- Dates of Creation12 Mar 1940-4 Feb 1945
- Physical Description12 pieces; 16 leaves.