From Bransby Williams (1870-1961), actor and music-hall star. Topics covered include: his sorrow at hearing RD is giving up [his role in The Cure for Love at the Westminster] in 1945; his desire to run a farewell tour of David Copperfield; his praise for RD's acting [in The Cure for Love] in October 1945; his recommendation of one Dr Raphael Roche, who has had great successes in treating all sorts of illnesses; the death of Roche in late 1945; and RD's performance in The Winslow Boy.
Bundle of letters
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 FRD1/1/468
- Former ReferenceGB 133 RDW79-82.
- Dates of Creation2 Oct 1945-23 Nov 1948
- Physical Description4 pieces; 5 leaves.