Contains: a serialised life story of Noel Coward in the Sunday Express (1937); series of articles on glamour by Gertrude Lawrence (July 1936); serialised life story of Grace Moore (June-July 1936); a series entitled 'What I Want From Life' run by The Star (1937), including a contribution from RD. These pieces are followed by cuttings relating more specifically to RD's work, including: Knight Without Armour (1937); Good-bye, Mr. Chips (1939-40); The Young Mr. Pitt (1941-2); Sabotage Agent [or The Adventures of Tartu] (1942-3); To Dream Again by Veronica Haigh (1942); Heartbreak House by Shaw (1943); reviews of The King of Nowhere by James Bridie, which included Laurence Olivier in the cast (1938); and Helen Waddell's work in 1944 on a play based on her novel Peter Abelard. Includes one loose insert: a sheet from Gaumont-British Magazine (January 1938) featuring RD as 'Star of the Month'.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 FRD1/6/1/3
- Dates of Creation1936-1944
- Physical Description2 pieces: hardback volume and loose insert. Condition: the edges of some of the cuttings are flaking and disintegrating.