Photographs from an original envelope bearing two captions: "Early photographs RD" and "Various early portraits RD, Benson, Liverpool (Orlando) etc." These are all head and shoulders or half length portrait photographs of RD dating from the early part of his career. The prints are as follows:
- /1 Head and shoulders print of RD in informal pose, in open necked shirt; marked as a rough proof; taken by Reprograph Studios, 10 Long Acre, London [c. early-mid 1920s].
- /2-3 Two head and shoulders photographs from the same session of RD in Shakespearean costume; taken by T. Nicol Smith of Glasgow [mid-late 1920s].
- /4-5 Two postcard prints (one a copy) of RD as Orlando in As You Like It; for the Stage Guild, London; original (/4) by Warwick Brooks [c. 1929].
- /6 Mounted portrait photograph of RD; by Burrell and Hardman of 51A Bold Street, Liverpool [1928-9].
- /7-11 Portrait photographs of RD aged 27, in various formats but all taken at the same session by 'White' .