Labelled "Miscellaneous" and containing cuttings on a variety of topics including: RD's involvement in an appeal to raise funds for the preservation of Bristol Old Vic (April-May 1942); his involvement in the War-Work Recruiting Campaign (1942); news on RD and his activities, such as his inclusion in Madam Tussaud's in London, and his son John being cast at the age of 9 in the film This Land is Mine; brief references to various films and plays of RD's; RD's radio broadcasts; the dispute over the Sunday opening of theatres (1943); RD's election as president of the Shakespeare Club in 1943; his Westminster Theatre venture in 1943; his legal battle with MGM in 1943; and British film and theatre.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 FRD1/6/3/39
- Dates of Creation29 Apr 1942-20 Apr 1944
- Physical DescriptionHardback volume.