Exercise book entitled "The Pageant, Synod Hall, Edinburgh: Craigmillar Castle", into which RD has pasted and inserted various papers. It relates to the Scottish Historical Pageant organised by Frank Benson which took place on 14-16 July 1927, at which RD acted as a pageant Marshal. Includes notes on the programme, cast, stage directions, settings, prompts and so on. Included amongst the loose material (/24) is an apparently unrelated black and white photograph of RD with an unidentified woman.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 FRD1/8/13/7
- Dates of CreationJul 1927
- Physical Description24 pieces: hardback volume and 23 loose pieces. Of the loose pieces, /2 was originally inserted at the front of the volume; /3-6 at fol. 15r; .
Scope and Content
Various loose pieces (now numbered /2-24) were inserted in the volume; these have now been removed and are stored separately; their original insertion points are as follows: /2 was originally inserted at the front of the folume; /3-6 at fol. 15r; /7-8 at fol. 19r; /9-13 at fol. 21r; /14 at fol. 22r; /15-16 at fol. 24r; /17 at fol. 26r; /18 at fol. 27r; /19-21 at fol. 30r; /22 at fol. 33r; /23 at fol. 36r; and /24 at the back of the volume. Foliation has been added to the volume by the archivist to aid reference.