This class contains scripts and associated papers relating to RD's work in theatre, film and broadcasting over a twenty-five year period. Many of them are his own annotated copies, and in the case of some of the films, different drafts and stages of script development are represented through a number of related documents. Scripts for many of his best known stage productions and films are included, as well as a substantial amount of material reflecting his career in broadcasting. The majority of the scripts are original, although FRD1/2/3 contains a series of modern photocopies of scripts which are not otherwise represented in the archive.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 FRD1/2
- Dates of Creation1933-1958
- Physical Description3 sub-classes; 77 items.
Scope and Content
The material has been divided into 3 sub-classes:
- FRD1/2/1 Scripts relating to film and theatre
- FRD1/2/2 Scripts relating to broadcasting
- FRD1/2/3 Photocopied scripts, principally relating to films.