This series contains letters sent to Captain Charles William Paterson who was the officer in charge of the prisoners of war at Portchester Castle. The letters are from these French prisoners. The letters span a range of topics, from thank you letters to letters requesting the whereabouts of a man. In the series, there is also a letter to Captain Charles William Paterson's wife from one of the prisoners who made tables for her.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 71 THM/415/3
- Dates of Creationca.1810-1811
- Language of MaterialEnglish French
- Physical Description1 file
Scope and Content
This series has been arranged alphabetically by author of the letter and then chronologically where possible.