The Queen Square Archives are housed in and managed by the Queen Square Library. They comprise the archives belonging to the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery (NHNN) (this was named The National Hospital for the Paralysed and Epileptic during the period covered by the Archive) and those of UCL Institute of Neurology (IoN).
The archive collections of the NHNN include:
- An extensive collection of 1500 bound volumes of case notes covering the years 1863-1946 including many examples of early medical photography.
- Extensive administrative records for the Hospital from 1859 - 1946.
- Employment records from 1860-1946;
- Patient admission registers and other health records;
- Approximately 3000 photographs