Reports of General and National Council meetings, 1911-27.
National Transport Workers' Federation
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb152-mss.126/ntw
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 152 MSS.126/NTW
- Dates of Creation1911-1927
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description[ not recorded ]
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Founded in 1910, the National Transport Workers' Federation brought together all unions with members in docks, road haulage and passenger transport, to discuss problems and co-ordinate action.
Reference: Arthur Marsh and Victoria Ryan, Historical directory of trade unions. Volume 3. Aldershot : Gower, 1987.
Conditions Governing Access
Prior written permission to consult the archive is required. Researchers should apply to the Mr R. Scott, TGWU, Transport House, Palace Street, London, SW1E 5JD.
An authority file exists for this corporate body (GB 152 AAR428).
The material forms part of the Transport and General Worker's Union deposit.