74 postcards (December 1915-December 1917, nd); 3 photographs (July 1917-February 1918, nd); Greetings card with painted leaf (December 1917); Press cuttings from The Basrah Times and The Civil and Military Gazette (November 1916, nd); Published journals Khaki Opinion and The Southern Cross (March 1917, December 1917); 2 published leaflets relating to Capetown (ca. 1917); Manuscript recollections 'My Travels at Home and Abroad' (November 1918); Medal (nd).
T.E. Tate papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection IND 37
- Dates of Creation1915-1918
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, photographs, postcards, press cuttings, and printed material. Includes a greetings card and a medal.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
T.E. Tate, a Sapper, Royal Engineers, enlisted in September 1915 and served in Mesopotamia and India, where he was hospitalised.
Access is unrestricted.
Other Finding Aids
India catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available