Papers, probably of Henry Dundas, relating to the East India Company.
Papers of Henry Dundas
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.misc.a.25,b.345-6
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. misc. a. 25, b. 345-6
- Dates of Creation1783-1810
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description3 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Henry Dundas, 1st Viscount Melville (1742-1811) was a statesman. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were given by Blackwell's in ca. 1965, and transferred from the Indian Institute in 1975.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 42035-7.