Five guardbooks of the papers of Lord Robert Grosvenor, containing an incomplete manuscript of Grosvenor's journal of a tour in the Mediterranean area, April-December 1829, and correspondence.
Papers of Lord Robert Grosvernor, 1st Baron Ebury
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.lett.c.439-41;eng.misc.c.667-8
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. lett. c. 439-41; Eng. misc. c. 667-8
- Dates of Creation1820-91
- Language of MaterialEnglish, and Turkish.
- Physical Description5 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Robert Grosvenor, 1st Baron Ebury (1801-1893) was a politician. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were bought from Mrs M.E. Dorling in 1977.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.