Miscellaneous badges, identification tag and 984 Motor Transport Company tractor identification plate (nd, 1919); 53 picture postcards (nd); Army cover for demobilization, transfer or discharge (nd); 2 small Egyptian plates and one bottle stop (nd); 2 decorated cigarette cases (nd); 2 group photographs (nd); ca. 250 photographs (1916-1918, nd); Transfer statement form for arms, equipment, clothing and necessaries (4 March 1919); 7 passes (22 June 1916, 21 February 1919); Manuscript orders (27 August 1918); Protection and identity certificate (21 May 1919); Photograph envelope (nd); Certificate of employment during the War (nd); Transfer certificate (18 June 1919); Soldier's demobilization account (26 May 1919); Good Luck card from Mayoress of Exeter (nd); War Office driving authorization card (nd).
James Fensome papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection EP 021
- Dates of Creation1916-1919
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box; manuscript, photographs, postcards, and printed material. Includes a Good Luck card, badges, 2 plates, 1 bottle stop, 2 cigarette cases, and various driving documents and tags.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
James Edward Fensome, born in 1895, was a Driver, 303, 895, 952 and 984 Motor Transport (Caterpillar Tractor) Companies, ASC (Army Service Corps), serving in Egypt/Palestine, 1915-1919.
Access is unrestricted.
Other Finding Aids
Egypt/Palestine catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm