The records include an incomplete run of minute-books, with some correspondence and printed papers.
Records of the Oxford Canning Club
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 Dep. c. 724-30, d. 781-9, e. 334-5
- Dates of Creation1882-1987
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description18 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Oxford Canning Club, a university club to promote and discuss Tory principles, was founded in 1861.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were deposited by the secretary of the Club in 1980 and 1987.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.