22 postcards (April 1917-January 1920, nd); Photographer's receipt (nd); Typescript diary of visit to Ramayampett Mission Station (September 1919); Songsheet 'Bulford' (nd); 17 photographs (nd); 2 large photographs (1919, nd); Transfer certificate (February 1920); Manuscript recollections (nd);
Samuel Fishwick papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection IND 17
- Dates of Creation1917-1920
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description2 files; manuscript, typescript, photographs, postcards, and printed material. Includes 1 outsize file (2 photographs).
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Samuel Fishwick, born in 1897, was a Gunner, RHA (Royal Horse Artillery) and RFA (Royal Field Artillery). He was called up in January 1917 and served in India until January 1920. He was awarded the British War Medal and the Victory Medal in 1919.
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by Mrs J. Tooher (grand-daughter). See Research Correspondence File.
Other Finding Aids
India catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available