Includes correspondence between Ferguson-Smith and others covering 1994-2004 (although in his original arrangement this was labelled "1998-2002").
Some of this correspondence was written during Ferguson-Smith's period on the UK Governments' BSE Inquiry and references are made to this. Includes printed out emails.
For letters from/to people with surnames beginning with I, N and O during this period see UGC 198/3/7.
As the Malcolm Ferguson Smith correspondence section is particularly large it has been divided into the following series, each with its own separate description:
- UGC 188/3/1, correspondence from 1959-1961;
- UGC 188/3/2, correspondence from 1961-1964;
- UGC 188/3/3, correspondence from 1965-1975;
- UGC 188/3/4, correspondence from 1976-1980;
- UGC 188/3/5, correspondence from 1981-1983;
- UGC 188/3/6, correspondence from 1984-1987;
- UGC 188/3/7, correspondence from 1987-1998;
- UGC 188/3/8, correspondence from 1998-2002;
- UGC 188/3/9, correspondence with Victor Almon McKusick;
- UGC 188/3/10, correspondence with Jennifer A Marshall Graves;
- UGC 188/3/11, references and recommendations.