Typescript poem, probably written by Thomas Taylor Fawcett (nd); Demobilization certificate (24 October 1919); Memorandum (14 October 1919, 10 November 1919); Protection and identity certificate (26 September 1919); Voucher book (nd); Receipt (2 October 1919); Statement of accounts (2 March 1916-23 October 1919); Certificate of war employment (nd); 23 photographs (nd); Cartoon sketch nd; Notice of the Duke of Connaught's Soldiers' and Sailors' Home (nd); 2 postcards (nd); Press cutting (nd); 5 manuscript letters and one typescript letter (3 June 1910, 1 July 1919, 12 August 1919); manuscript orders of the day (17 September 1918); Manuscript notes (nd); Typescript address (19 September 1919); Soldier's demobilization account (October 1919); Out-of-work donation policy certificate (October 1919); Leave docket (2 July 1919); Leather wallet (nd); New Testament, presented by Kit (26 February 1916).
John Metcalfe papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection SAL 042
- Dates of Creation1910-1919
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, typescript, photographs, postcards, a press cutting, and printed material. Includes a voucher book, a receipt, a cartoon sketch, a leave docket, and a leather wallet.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
John Arnold Metcalfe, born in 1894, was a Driver, RFA (Royal Field Artillery), serving from January 1916 to February 1919.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by Miss M. Metcalfe (daughter). See Research Correspondence File.
Other Finding Aids
Salonika catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available