Comprises 9 autograph letters from Peregrine Hyde Osborne, 3rd Duke of Leeds, to his grandfather, Sir Thomas Osborne, 1st Duke of Leeds, dated 10/21 January 1706/7 - March/3 April 1710/11, 4 of which are written in English and 5 in French (with transcripts).
Letters from Peregrine Hyde Osborne to his grandfather, Sir Thomas Osborne, 1st Duke of Leeds
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Misc. Letters 1 Osborne (3)
- Dates of Creation1706-1711
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialFrench English
- Physical Description9 letters held in 3 envelopes, manuscript. The material was formerly bound into a volume containing also transcripts of the letters, which is now shelved in a separate author/alphabetical sequence following the main sequence of Miscellaneous Letters.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir Thomas Osborne (1631-1712) was the 1st Duke of Leeds and a statesman. He favoured his grandson, Peregrine Hyde Osborne (1691-1731), who was the second son of the 2nd Duke, above the latter, and bequeathed to him all his estate.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
From the library of Lord Brotherton.
In English and French.