Reports, minutes, agreements, price lists, rules, handbooks, directories, Central Committee and General Council papers, financial and other papers, branch papers from branches mainly in the North West of England
Amalgamated Weavers' Association
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Formed in May 1884 with 28 affiliated local associations and known until 1928 as the Northern Counties Amalgamated Association of Weavers. In April 1974 it merged with the National Union of Textile Workers to form the Amalgamated Textile Workers' Union
- Series 1 - Reports, 1883-1985
- Series 2 - Minutes, 1880-1986
- Series 3 - Agreements, 1898-1978
- Series 4 - Prices, 1895-1971
- Series 5 - Rules, handbooks and directories, 1884-1971
- Series 6 - Central Committee and the General Council papers, 1922-1967
- Series 7 - Financial papers, 1908-1981
- Series 8 - Other papers, 1887-1985
- Series 9 - Branch papers from branches mainly in the North West of England, 1851-1987
Conditions Governing Access
Open for consultation.
If you wish to visit the library you need to make an appointment. The Working Class Movement Library is open Tuesday-Friday 10.00am-5.00pm and every 1st Saturday of the month 10.00am-4.00pm.
To book an appointment, telephone: 0161 736 3601 or email: email@example.com .
Other Finding Aids
The full catalogue is available online on the Working Class Movement Library's Web Site - www.wcml.org.uk