It was kind of Beaton to send her such lovely flowers and a charming letter. The freesias are here in her room. After the first day or two of being away she began to enjoy it. However she was sent modern novels to read which were "so loathsome, & so perfectly horrible, that I felt quite sick with distaste".
Autograph letter signed to Beaton, from Clarence House.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/580/3
- Dates of Creation20 Feb. 1964
- Physical Description4p paper
Scope and Content