Was glad to get Beaton's opinion about the snake drawings. Has been working very slowly on the oils. Cannot get on with the book of memoirs. Wrote a lot about China but made "such a mess of it" that he cut it all out. Is very well and sees nobody. Goes for walks and works all day and drinks nothing. Feels that drink was as much the cause of his troubles as the "other stuff". Got a letter from Miss Nelson asking him what price he could let her have the picture of roses. Last page missing.
Autograph letter to Beaton.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/456/30
- Dates of Creation(Date given only as "Wednesday".)
- Physical Description4p paper
Scope and Content