Thanks Beaton for the paints and paper. Describes the air raid. The scenery is coming on well. Realised that he likes air raids as it is "a wonderful atmosphere to work in". Beaton can have a permit if he would like to see the scenery before it goes on the stage. Has made many drawings and will send them to Beaton. Margaret has been to see him and is coming out again on his birthday. They went to see Hatfield House. There was a storm which turned over a lot of the lighter planes. Asks Beaton what he has seen and done.
Autograph letter signed to Beaton.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/456/29
- Dates of Creation(Date given only as "Thursday".)
- Physical Description4p paper
Scope and Content