Charles Dickens's final and unfinished work. It was to be a novel serialised in 11 parts, published by Chapman and Hall from April 1870, but Dickens only lived to complete 6 instalments. Items include a document of agreement between Dickens and Chapman and Hall relating to terms of the publication; and a document outlining the award to be paid to Chapman and Hall as compensation for the work being unfinished, signed by John Forster.
'The Mystery of Edwin Drood'
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 88903/1/16/3
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000144.0x0000b4
- Dates of Creation1 Feb 1870-5 Sep 1871
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description2 items
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Not Public Record(s)