Charitable publication created by Charles Dickens to help the widow and children of John Macrone, publisher, who died 9 Sept 1837. The three volume anthology was published in 1841 by Henry Colburn. Items include a memorandum of agreement between Dickens and Colburn relating to the publication and a receipt for royalties from the publication received by Macrone's wife, Eliza Adeline Macrone.
'Pic Nic Papers'
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 88903/1/5
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000128.0x000285
- Dates of Creation10 Aug 1838-23 Jul 1841
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 folder
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Not Public Record(s)
The agreement has been printed in The Letters, volume 1 appendix C, pp.664-665.