To James Bone from Evelyn [Montague], writing from Kitts Quarries at Burford, Oxford. He reports on his health, which is improving, although he is still weak and confined to bed for another seven weeks. He refers to a visit from Sifton and his wife, to Bone's recent holiday in Scotland, to Frank Morley, Patrick Ryan and Lionel Hale. He talks of the pressures of work, of earnings. He adds a postscript about Bone being coupled with [John William] Robertson Scott [journalist and author], who is a 'local hero' there.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 GDN/222/1/36a-b
- Dates of Creation5 Jul 1947
- Physical Description1 item, 2 sheets