Correspondence and papers of Herbert Davis, including correspondence relating to his edition of the works of Jonathan Swift and to the Oxford University Press series of 'Oxford English Novels'.
Papers of Herbert Davis
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.lett.c.521-7;eng.misc.c.786-9
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. lett. c. 521-7; Eng. misc. c. 786-9
- Dates of Creation1933-67
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description11 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Herbert John Davis (1893-1967) was Reader in Textual Criticism at Oxford University. Details are given in Who Was Who.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were bequaethed to the Library by Herbert Davis in 1967.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 41471-81.