Collection of mainly archival material grouped into Britain in the Thirties, Futures, Channel 4, Flashback Productions, The Bermondsey Story, Independent Programme Listings, March of Time, Producer Choice, This Week and TV Eye, and Workers' Films of the Thirties.
Independent Production Collection
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2146 M0009484DO
- Dates of Creation1935-1994
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description9 files, 1 box and 1 folder
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Victoria Wegg-Prosser in 1982 was one of the founders of Flashback TV, she was involved in the introduction of Producer Choice to the BBC in the period 1991-1994.
- Britain in the Thirties - Two arch lever files containing:
- File 1 - Research notes and transcripts of tapes for Arsenal and The Garden Suburb.
- File 2 - Material relating to the National Film Theatre season on Britain in the Thirties in 1974.
- Channel 4 - one arch level file containing brochures, regulations and agreements.
- Futures - One ring binder containing the following material: Futures Briefing Pack News and current affairs - an exercise in the introduction of Producer Choice into the BBC, March 1993 and Fast Forward Simulation - a preparation for the introduction of Producer Choice, Sept/Oct.1993.
- Flashback Production. Box containing the following items:- Producers' Alliance for Cinema and Television. The legal aspects of production. 1993.
- Willis Faber & Dumas (UK) Limited. Channel 4 film and television production insurance scheme, summary of insurance coverage for "The March of Time" series 1984.
- Willis Wrightson London Limited. Channel 4 film and television production insurance scheme, summary of insurance coverage for "The March of Time" series v, vi, 1988.
- Willis Faber & Dumas (UK) Limited. Entertainment insurance for "The March of Time" series 1986 Channel Four Television.
- Production agreement for Happiest Days, 1986, 1987.
- Production guide 84/85. London: Broadcast, 1984.
- Channel Four Television. Independent productions terms of trade. London: Channel Four Television, 1982
- Channel Four Television. Independent productions terms of trade. London: Channel Four Television, 1984
- Channel FourTelevision. Terms of trade. London: Channel Four Television, 1992.
- Royal London General. Commercial Insurance Policy for Flashback Productions Ltd., 1992-3. .
- Channel Four Television. Information folder 1983-4 .
- Sampson Curtis. Agreement between Sanderson Vere Crane (film editors) Limited and Flashback Productions Limited, dated 17th September 1990. .
- The Business 1984 - Option agreement for the acquisition of rights in the work written by Lord Fenner Brockway entitled The Bermondsey Story, dated 9th December 1983. Broadcast 21 September 1984. Broadcast 2 November 1984. Broadcast 9 November 1984. Television 28 September 1984. Televisual November 1984. .
- Independent Programme Listings - one arch level file containing details of forthcoming Independent programmes interfiled with BBC World Service Television - Programme Schedule Europe, and hours of Independent Transmission 1993-1994.
- March of Time: One lever arch file containing:-
- Agreement for March of Time series one 18th September 1985.
- Agreement for March of Time series two 18th July 1986
- Transcripts of chosen takes:- Provisional budget, 2nd draft 13.9.1984 and accompanying notes. Final programme budget 11.1.1985.
- Title list of March of Time films.
- Draft attempt to cross code the British and American editions.
- The March of Time - feasibility study for Channel Four License Agreement, 1984.
- March of Time - errors and omissions liability insurance.
- Producer Choice - 1 lever arch file containing material from August 1987 to October 1993.
- This Week and TV Eye - 1 lever arch file containing post production scripts, pre transmission scripts, and related material from the This Week and TV Eye television current affairs programmes. 1969-1980.
- Workers' Films of the Thirties - 2 arch level files containing original research and documentation relating to the programme Workers' Films of the Thirties
Conditions Governing Access
All external users should write to the to the Head of Academic Development Services to request permission to access the collection.
Donated by Victoria Wegg-Prosser
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to use material in publications must be obtained from the donor.