Contains draft manuscripts and typescripts of the libretto, together with fragments of drafts, all with annotations and amendments (mostly by Myfanwy, some in an unidentified hand). Also includes two letters from L Meneghello[?] concerning words for Venetian songs; a copy of a letter from Andre Dzierzynski to Benjamin Britten giving phrases in Polish for use in the opera; and two letters from Henry [Fischer] and Erika Fabarius (his secretary at Marlborough Fine Art) relating to a letter from Thomas Mann to Rudolph Olden, together with a translation of it.
File relating to Myfanwy Piper's libretto for Benjamin Britten's opera 'Death in Venice'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 70 TGA 200410/2/2/10
- Dates of Creation16 Aug 1971-1 Mar 1973
- Physical Description3 folders
Scope and Content