The collection is mainly composed of typescript selections from original manuscripts made inconnection with Fletcher's research into the archives of successive Dukes of Newcastle and theirClumber Park estate, with particular reference to the 4th Duke. The following elements are included.
- Unpublished typescript work entitled 'History of Clumber Park: Extracts from the Estate AgentsReports 1905-1928'. 1999 (MS 735/1/1);
- Unpublished study entitled 'The Hafod Estate and the 4th Duke of Newcastle-Under-Lyne 1832-1846'.2000 (MS 735/1/2);
- Unpublished transcripts from the diary of the 4th Duke of Newcastle-unde-Lyne's family doctor,John Dethick, which is held by the Royal College of Physicians in Edinburgh. The typescript isentitled 'The Final Illness and Death of Henry Pelham Fiennes Pelham-Clinton 4th Duke ofNewcastle-Under-Lyme'. 2001 (MS 735/1/3);
- Research notes about Clumber and the dukes, covering the period 1880s-1940s, entitled 'TheNewcastles of Clumber Park'. 2002 (MS 735/1/4);
- Copy of chapters from the draft of a book entitled 'The White Spaniel' by Jan Irving, withcorrespondence between her and John Fletcher on the subject of the Clumber Spaniel. 2000 (MS735/2/1).