Miscellaneous stamps, regimental envelope insignia and berries (n.d.); 22 manuscript letters of gratitude for parcels etc. written by soldiers to Mr and Mrs Braby (10 Sep. 1914-14 Jan. 1916, n.d.); 15 manuscript letters and three postcards, mainly from the Charlier family in Paris, relating to charity work through the Belmont Mission Fund (3 Apr. 1915-27 Dec. 1918); Miniature magazine Blighty: A Budget of Humour from Home (8 Aug. 1917); Typescript letter relating to the Stanwell House Convalescent Home (20 June 1916); Leaflet relating to rations (n.d.); Humorous verse (n.d.); Food card (n.d.); Booklet Sutton War Hospital Supply Depot (n.d.); Rules sheet for War Hospital Supply (Sutton Branch) (n.d.); Concert programme (n.d.); Invitation, with concert programme (11 Feb. 1915); Card "National Revival of Family Prayers" (n.d.); Butcher's ration card (n.d.); Allies pocket case (n.d.); "Imperial Bazaar" souvenir (n.d.); Rations notice (n.d.); Typescript message (4 Apr. 1918).
Cyrus Braby papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb206-liddlecollectiondf017
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection DF 017
- Dates of Creation1914-1918
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, typescript, postcards, and printed material Includes stamps, regimental envelope insignia, berries, an Allies pocket case, and various food and ration cards
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Cyrus Braby was the father of F. C. Braby, 2nd Lieutenant, 6th Battalion, Lancashire Fusiliers, who served on the Western Front. He and his wife lived in Sutton, Surrey, during the First World War and were involved with charity work.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted
The papers were placed in the Collection by Mr F. C. Braby (son).
Other Finding Aids
Domestic Front catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available