Minutes, 1895-1915, 1936-56; annual reports, 1915-38; rulebooks, 1859-1908.
Amalgamated Machine, Engine and Iron Grinders and Glazers' Society
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb152-mss.259/mg
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 152 MSS.259/MG
- Dates of Creation1859-1957
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description[ not recorded ]
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The society was established in 1844. It transferred its engagements to the Amalgamated Engineering Union in September 1956.
Conditions Governing Access
Access : Open.
The records have been listed as part of the Amalgamated Engineering and Electrical Union archive. An authority file exists for the Amalgamated Machine, Engine and Iron Grinders and Glazers' Society (GB 152 AAR522).
The archive has been deposited in the Centre on indefinite loan by the Amalgamated Union of Engineering Workers. The first deposit consisted of fifteen boxes of early minutes collected by Richard Storey on 1st November 1984. Accruals are listed under the entry for the Amalgamated Engineering and Electrical Union (MSS.259).