Large photograph album, with press cuttings and maps (1908-1918); Scrapbook of school reports and games results, college papers, telegrams, cards and press cuttings (1906-1922); Photocopied letters, mainly to Peggy (1915-1918).
Denis Boswell papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection SAL 007
- Dates of Creation1906-1922
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1.5 boxes; manuscript (partly photocopy), typescript, photographs, press cuttings, and printed material. Includes maps and telegrams.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Denis St George Knox Boswell was educated at Elstree and Charterhouse Schools and Pembroke College, Cambridge. As a 2nd Lieutenant, 3rd Battalion, Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry, he served on the Western Front in 1915 and in Salonika, 1916-1918. He died of malaria, 28 September 1918.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by Mrs L.A.K. Boswell. See Research Correspondence File.
Other Finding Aids
Salonika catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available