Includes films of Company anniversary celebrations, Company Christmas parties, histories of Rambert and its choreographers, awards and gifts made to the Company, scrapbooks, papers for exhibitions on Rambert, biographical files for Rambert staff and associated individuals, records of the Company archive, oral history recordings.
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2228 RDC/CH
- Dates of Creation1900s - 2000s
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Descriptionnot provided
Scope and Content
The Rambert archive remained largely un-catalogued until 2012/13. The current catalogue structure was drafted by cataloguing archivist Eilís McCarthy based on the archive location guide, a survey of the collection and research into the Company history. Senior members of staff were also consulted and the final catalogue structure was approved by Rambert Chief Executive Nadia Stern and Company Archivist Arike Oke.
The catalogue is based on a functional structure of Rambert. Series roughly correspond with departments creating and collecting the records. The structure is as follows;
RDC Rambert Archive
- RDC/AD Administration
- RDC/BU Buildings and Estates Managements
- RDC/CH Company History
- RDC/FI Financial records
- RDC/FU Fundraising
- RDC/HR Staff records
- RDC/LP Learning and participation
- RDC/MA Marketing
- RDC/P Press
- RDC/PD Productions
- RDC/PD/01 Images of Rambert productions
- RDC/PD/02 Technical
- RDC/PD/03 Music
- RDC/PD/04 Movement notation and choreographers' notes
- RDC/PD/05 Design
- RDC/PD/06 Production Administration
- RDC/PD/07 Rambert repertoire reference files
- RDC/PD/08 Non-repertoire reference files
- RDC/PF Performance records
- RDC/WS Workshops
Some records may be closed to external researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright owned by choreographer(s), dancer(s), musician(s) and designer(s). Can not be copied without copyright owners' permission.