Volume of the Lincoln College Record, published by the University Press. Editorial mentions the College's links to a dispute in Twyford about the ringing of church bells, partly as a comment as to there is less news in College with the main building projects completed, excepting refurbishment at Museum Road and at the old sports ground (having failed to find a new site). Mentions Green's history has received 'small but generous' reviews, with quotes. Includes brief pieces by:
- Walter Oakeshott (originally in The Guardian) on antibiotic research in the 1940s;
- Henry Woudhuysen on his work on Edward Spenser;
- Gordon Kendal on his work on social and moral identity and metaphysics;
- Vivian Green on Rector Weston's womanizing in the 16th century.
With photographs of:
- a painting of a scene from Zuleika Dobson by Osbert Lancaster;
- a sketch of Turl Street in the 1840s;
- a portrait of Edward Tatham.
45 pages (with photographs).