4 photographs and 2 photocopied colour photographs (1910-1913, nd); Extract of chapter "Aden" by C.T. Atkinson from The Empire at War Volume V (nd); Typed transcript of an interview recorded with Peter Liddle (April 1978); Obituary (September 1987); Notes and sketch map relating to Aden (nd); Biography Vulneror non vincor, by P.J.H. Vickers (son) (2000).
Wilmot Vickers papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection IND 40
- Dates of Creation1910-2000
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, typescript, photographs (partly photocopy), and printed material. Includes a sketch map.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Wilmot G.H. Vickers (1890-1987) was born in Belgaum, India, educated at the United Services College, Westward Ho!, and commissioned from Sandhurst in 1910. As a 2nd Lieutenant, 31st Duke of Connaught's Own Bombay Lancers, he served in Aden, Mesopotamia, and the North-West Frontier of India. He later became a Major General.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The biography was placed in the Collection by P.J.H. Vickers (son) in January 2000. See Research Correspondence File.
Other Finding Aids
India catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available