Greek manuscripts collected by Saibante, including manuscripts relating to Saint John Chrysostom and Greek literature.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.auct.t.3.1-21,t.4.1-24,t.5.1-6
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Auct. T. 3. 1-21, T. 4.1-24, T. 5.1-6
- Dates of Creation10th-17th century
- Language of MaterialAncient Greek (to 1453).
- Physical Description51 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Giovanni Saibante of Verona.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The manuscripts were purchased in 1820 for 500.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
Full descriptions, in Latin, are in Henry O. Coxe, Catalogi codicum manuscriptorum Bibliothecae Bodleianae pars prima recensionem codicum Graecorum continens (Oxford, 1853; reprinted with corrections, 1969).
Brief one-line descriptions, with shelfmarks and short titles, are in Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, nos. 20497-20548.