Benson family papers, including correspondence and papers, 1770-1823, and a sketch-book of Mary E. Benson, 1874-83.
Benson Family Papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.misc.c.512;top.gen.d.57
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. misc. c. 512; Top. gen. d. 57
- Dates of Creation1770-1884
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description2 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Benson family of Halifax, Yorks, were ancestors of E.W. Benson, Archbishop of Canterbury.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were bought from Peter Eaton in 1971.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 44119-20.