Press cuttings (6 November 1914-6 April 1916); 4 envelopes addressed to Mrs Ferrier (July 1914-January 1916); ca. 100 manuscript letters, mainly to his family, sketches and telegrams, with photocopies and typescript biographical information (31 July 1914-31 December 1915); Page of typescript recollections by Miss Loveday Wolman (1896-1983), later to marry Ilay Ferrier (nd); Photographs and copies of photograph album (nd).
Ilay Ferrier papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection MES 031
- Dates of Creation1914-1916
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box; manuscript, typescript, photographs, and press cuttings (partly photocopy); Includes sketches and telegrams.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Ilay Ferrier (died 1935) was educated at Berkhamsted School and at Sandhurst, and enlisted in 1910. As a Lieutenant, 48th Bombay Pioneers, Indian Army, he served in Mesopotamia during the First World War. Later he served with the Army of Occupation in Turkey and on the North-West Frontier of India.
Access is unrestricted.
The page of typescript recollections by Miss Loveday Wolman was placed in the Collection by James Ferrier in June 1994. See Research Correspondence File.
Other Finding Aids
Mesopotamia catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available