The collection is composed of: a letter to Dugald Stewart, 1793; a passport of the Municipality of Paris in favour of Guyot, 1792; sonnets by Guyot; and a certificate of citizenship of Vallangin, Switzerland, 1793.
Papers of Abraham Guyot (fl. 1792)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb237-coll-352
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 237 Coll-352
- Dates of Creation1792-1793
- Language of MaterialFrench.
- Physical Description4 manuscript letters or documents.
- LocationDc.3.104/2; Dc.6.111, ff.6-9, 95
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
A passport issued by the Municipality of Paris noted that Abraham Guyot in 1792 was aged forty-nine years, born perhaps around 1743. He had come from the Neuchatel district of Switzerland.
Conditions Governing Access
Generally open for consultation to bona fide researchers, but please contact repository for details in advance.
The biographical/administrative history was compiled using material in the collection.
Compiled by Graeme D Eddie, Edinburgh University Library, Special Collections Division.
Other Finding Aids
Important finding aids generally are: the alphabetical Index to Manuscripts held at Edinburgh University Library, Special Collections and Archives, consisting of typed slips in sheaf binders and to which additions were made until 1987; and the Index to Accessions Since 1987.
Check the local Indexes for details of any additions.