Bound typescript with annotated notes, possibly a rough draft, relating to vocabulary of the Gitonga language [Guitonga language (Mozambique)], spoken in the neighbourhood of Inhambane, Portuguese East Africa, based on the notes of Wilcox and others by Rev. W. E. Smyth, Bishop of Lembombo. Contains no actual vocabulary, but does include references to the layout of an intended vocabulary. Possibly written between 1903 and 1913, when Smyth left Mozambique.
Vocabulary of the Gitonga language
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 MS 380603
- Dates of Creationc 1903-1913
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialGitonga English
- Physical Description170 pp.
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access