The letters are from Steven to Johannes Tiberius Bodel Nijenhuis. There are also anonymous notes in Dutch, possibly by Nijenhuis.
Letters of Rev. Dr. William Steven (1796-1857)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 237 Coll-771
- Dates of Creation1836-1837
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description10 letters and notes. Access to records in a fragile condition may be restricted.
- LocationMSS BOX 1.7.1-16
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The historian and clergyman Dr.William Steven was born in 1796, and he died in 1857.
Conditions Governing Access
Generally open for consultation to bona fide researchers, but please contact repository for details in advance.
The biographical/administrative history was compiled using material contained in the collection.
Compiled by Graeme D Eddie, Edinburgh University Library, Special Collections Division.
Other Finding Aids
Check the local Indexes for details of any additions.