Diaries dated 1846-1890, 1892, 1894-1900. They mostly relate to religious matters.
Evan Evans, Llanengan Diaries
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb222-bmsseell
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 222 BMSS EELL
- Dates of Creation1846-1900
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialWelsh.
- Physical Description24 items
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Evan Evans of Llanengan, Caernarfonshire was a remarkable man according to Thomas Richards, Librarian of the University College of North Wales. He was the author of a book on the history of Methodism in Llanengan, published in 1873 entitled, Methodistiaeth Llanengan : sef, hanes y Methodistiaid Calfinaidd yn mhlwyf Llanengan
Conditions Governing Access
Open to all users.
Items 2709-2713 came from the collection of John Williams, Brynsiencyn.
Description compiled by Elen Wyn Hughes, January 2003.
Other Finding Aids
A typescript catalogue is available at the Archives Department of the University of Wales Bangor. Reference numbers : General Collection of Bangor Manuscripts 146-164, 2709-2713
Conditions Governing Use
Usual copyright conditions apply. Reprographics are made at the discretion of the Archivist.